Château de REIGNAC is ideally situated at the confluence of the Dordogne and Garonne Rivers (the “Entre Deux Mers”). REIGNAC offers a unique quality, that of reuniting the best types of terroir of both the Right and the Left Banks in a single estate.
Reignac offers the best Bordeaux quality price ratio, confirmed by blind tasting by European Grand Jury and scores awarded by the world’s leading tasters. Qualitative consistency of our wines results from our obsession for quality and our great terroir.
The original Château was built by Seigneur Baude de Peyron in the 16th century. Remodeled in the 18th and 19th centuries. A remarkable greenhouse was designed by Gustave EIFFEL, the man who created the tower that bears his name in Paris. Yves and Stephanie Vatelot, purchased REIGNAC in 1990 and have worked continuously ever since to restore the state to its former glory while introducing numerous innovations. The very talented Michel Rolland is their consulting oenologist.
Constant improvement :
1990 : Acquisition by Yves and Stephanie VATELOT.
1993 : Lake creation to prevent frost and design a magnificent landscape.
1996 : Elaboration of the REIGNAC “cuvée” rated 90/100 by Parker and ranked among the first 50 best Bordeaux.
1998 : Creation of an amazing tasting room in our 16th century tower.
2000 : REIGNAC was rated 92/100 by Parker
2002 : Elaboration of BALTHVS with the purchase of 3Ha totally planted with old Merlot and exclusively vinified in new oak barrels using the patented Vatelot method.
2005 : Temperature and hygrometry controlled in Bottle storage.
2006 : Creation of a new viticol effluent process that respects the environmental integrity.
2009 : Collaboration with JP Cousinie, a nutritional vine specialist to orchestrate treatment according to the need of each vine.
2010 : Bamboo plantation to process vinicol’s effluent.
2011 : Plantation of 3 hectares (2 ha Merlot and 1ha of Cabernet).
2012 : Construction of a new storage cellar.
2014 : Creation of a landscaped program of the parc, study for a renewal plan of the green spaces and the surroundings.
2015 : 75% of the property is now mechanically cultivated under the row.
– Winner of the Best Of Wine Tourism “Architecture & Landscape” award.
– Creation of a gift store for clients.
2016 : Best Of Wine Tourism” GOLD winner in the Innovation and Discovery category for our “garden of scents” tour. Creation of a discovery tour to live a unique experience that will awaken the olfactory and gustatory senses to identify the aromas of white and red wines.
– Creation of a reception room.
2017: Purchase of a very nice hillside for a Cabernet Franc plantation in 2018. Important work of riprap to prepare this plantation, resting the soil with an adapted sowing.
– HVE ” High Environmental Value ” certification. In France, the High Environmental Value is the highest of the three levels of environmental certification for farms.
2018 : Winner of “Best Global Best Of Wine Tourism” in Valparaiso Chile in the “Innovation and Discovery” category for highlighting our communication and our desire to share our passion.
– Renovation of the vat house -new thermoregulation for better monitoring of energy savings – installation of six small inverted truncated cone vats allowing for vinification as close as possible to the realities of the parcels.
2019 : Acquisition of a 400L stoneware amphora for the vinification of our whites.
– Launch of a vast 10-year reforestation campaign with tree choices consistent with the context of climate change.
2020 : Launching of the R de REIGNAC, our last vintage.
– All the barrels are made of French oak with fine grains.
– Acquisition of a second 600 L amphora in stoneware for the vinification of our whites.
2021 : Acquisition of a new tangential sprayer and a 3-wheeled straddler to gain in reactivity and precision for a customized treatment program according to the needs of the vine, identified by plot.
– Test of an eco-pasture with sheep in the vineyards on 6Ha, contributing to activate the biological life of the soils and a good management of the weed.
2022: Investment in two electric wind turbines coupled with wood pellet boilers without particle emissions to protect against frost.
– Plantation of Petit Verdot.TeamReignac